Chief Master Sergeant Christian Skierski is the 108th Wing Command Chief Master Sergeant, New Jersey Air National Guard, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, New Jersey. As the senior enlisted leader of the Wing, he is responsible for advising the Wing Commander and staff on mission effectiveness, professional development, military readiness, training, utilization, health, morale and welfare of more than 1,200 Air National Guard members.
Chief Skierski began his military service in 1990. He enlisted in the United States Marine Corps and served with Marine Corps Security Force Battalion until 1992. Then was assigned to Second Battalion Seventh Marines, Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center 29 Palms California where he served as a Combat Infantry Squad leader until receiving an honorable discharge in October 1994. In September 2003 Chief Skierski joined the 177th Fighter Wing New Jersey Air National Guard as an Aerospace Propulsion Apprentice and was assigned throughout the propulsion element to a myriad of supervisory roles until May 2016 when he was promoted to Maintenance Operations Flight Production Controller Superintendent. In August 2018 He was elevated to the position of Aircraft Maintenance Senior Enlisted Leader. He has participated in numerous contingency operations to include Operations Noble Eagle, Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF), Operation Enduring Freedom, (Afghanistan) and Operation Resolute Support. (Afghanistan)
In his civilian career Chief Skierski is the Air AGR branch manager. JFHQ, J1-HRO Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, N.J.; responsible for developing, managing, and oversight of Air AGR programs within the state.
1991 School of Infantry, Camp Geiger, N.C. 1991 Marine Corps Security Force Course, Norfolk, Va.
1992 Fire Support Specialist Sustainment IDT Course, Camp Geiger, N.C.
1992 Military Operations on Urban Terrain, Correspondence
1993 Infantry Squad Leaders Course, Camp Geiger, N.C.
1994 Military Functions in Civil Disturbances, Correspondence
2003 Aviation Institute of Maintenance, Philadelphia, Pa.
2004 Aerospace Propulsion Apprentice, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2005 Airman Leadership School, Correspondence
2007 Aerospace Propulsion Craftsman, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2008 Bachelor of Arts (B.S.) Social Science, Thomas Edison State University, Trenton, N.J.
2008 Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S), Aviation Technology, Community College of the Air Force
2008 Air Force Noncommissioned Officer Academy, McGhee Tyson Air National Guard Base, Tenn.
2013 Air Force Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2018 Professional Manager Certification, Community College of the Air Force
2018 Chief’s Executive Course, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
2019 Practical Problem Solving Method, 177th Fighter Wing, Egg Harbor, N.J.
2022 Masters of Business, Human Resources Management, Thomas Edison State University, Trenton, N.J.
1. April 1991-February 1992, Riflemen, Marine Corps Security Force Battalion, Naval Weapons Station Earl, N.J.
2. February 1992-October1994, Infantry Squad Leader, Second Battalion 7th Marines 1st Marine Division, 29 Palms Calif.
3. October 2003–July 2011, Aircraft Engine Mechanic, 177th Fighter Wing, Egg Harbor, N.J.
4. January 2005–May 2005, Aircraft Engine Mechanic, Operation Noble Eagle, 177th Fighter Wing, Egg Harbor, N.J.
5. May 2013–May 2016, Propulsion Superintendent, 177th Fighter Wing, Egg Harbor, N.J.
6. December 2006-August 2006, Aircraft Engine Mechanic, Operation Iraqi Freedom, Balad, AB, Iraq
7. March 2010–June 2010, Propulsion NCOIC, Operation Iraqi Freedom, Balad, AB, Iraq
8. November 2001–March 2012, Propulsion NCOIC, Operation Enduring Freedom, Bagram AB, Afghanistan
9. May 2016–August 2018, Maintenance Operations Flight, Senior Enlisted Leader, 177th Fighter Wing, Egg Harbor, N.J.
10. August 2018–August 2020, Component Maintenance, Flight Senior Enlisted Leader, 177th Fighter Wing, Egg Harbor, N.J.
11. August 2020–March 2022, Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Senior Enlisted Leader, 177th Fighter Wing, Egg Harbor, N.J.
12. March 2021– September 2021 – Senior Enlisted leader, Operation Resolute Support, Bagram AB, Afghanistan
13. March 2022-Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 108th Wing, JB MDL, N.J.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award
Marine Corps Good Conduct Medal
Air Reserve Forces Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with one service star
Afghanistan Campaign Medal with one service star
Iraq Campaign Medal with two service stars
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with gold border two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Longevity Service with two oak leaf clusters
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with 1 'M' Device
STATE AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
New Jersey Distinguished Service Medal
New Jersey Ribbon of Honor
New Jersey Good Conduct Ribbon with three devices
New Jersey Merit Award Ribbon with eleven devices
2010 Certificate of Appreciation, Department of Military and Veteran Affairs 2nd Trimester Team Award
2013 Distinguished Graduate, Air Force Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy
2014 Certificate of Special Congressional Recognition
2016 Employee of the Year for the 177th Maintenance Squadron
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Enlisted Association National Guard of New Jersey (Life Member)
Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 220, Mays Landing, N.J. (Life Member)
Marine Corps League, Cape-Atlantic Detachment 194, Galloway, N.J. (Life Member) Atlantic County
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Senior Airman Oct. 3, 2003
Staff Sergeant Mar. 1, 2006
Technical Sergeant June 21, 2008
Master Sergeant Sep. 09, 2010
Senior Master Sergeant June 06, 2014
Chief Master Sergeant Nov. 06, 2016
(CURRENT AS OF MARCH 2022