JOINT BASE MCGUIRE-DIX-LAKEHURST, N.J. --
Based on the continued threat COVID-19 is posing to the Joint Base, I am extending the Public Health Emergency until 16 May and will re-assess the threat with advisors from the Installation’s Public Health Team to determine whether additional extensions will be needed. This extension is due to the developing situation on base and in the surrounding area. Our base will continue protective measures as COVID-19 remains a significant risk to our personnel and mission. JB MDL remains in Health Protection Condition (HPCON) Charlie, with additional Delta measures in place as well.
The reporting status of the installation remains “Essential Personnel Only,” as directed by your respective unit commanders. Additionally access remains restricted to all except the following groups:
• Active duty military and their dependents (all Services)
• Uniformed Reserve and Guard members who work on the installation
• All United Communities base housing residents
• Balfour Beatty Communities housing residents living on Lakehurst proper
• Essential DoD civilians as directed by their unit commander/director
• Mission essential contractors (utilizing their contractor ID card) as directed by the
87th Contracting Squadron or their Service Contracting Office
• Those who have current visitor's passes until their expiration date (new passes will
only be issued with unit commander/director or above approval)
• Mail and deliveries through Commercial Gate
The health and safety of our service members, civilian personnel, families, and our community is my top priority. We cannot let our guard down in the middle of this pandemic. Physical distancing and wear of face coverings must continue in order to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 to our base populace and our nation at large. Our efforts are having a positive impact on limiting the spread of COVID-19, but the threat has not been eliminated.
Everyone’s focus should be on limiting unnecessary movements and social interactions (except virtually). The New Jersey stay at home order remains in effect and we need to do our part. We are all eager to return to our respective daily missions. If you don’t absolutely need to be on JB MDL I respectfully request that you not come to the base. This is temporary, we will return to our new normal as soon as it makes sense. Please continue following CDC, DoD, and base-level guidance.
BRIDGET V. GIGLIOTTI, Colonel, USAF
Installation Commander, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst