JOINT BASE MCGUIRE-DIX-LAKEHURST, N.J. --
COVID-19 Update for JB MDL – 15 May
JB MDL Public Health Emergency Extension, remains Essential Personnel only
In order to continue our efforts to fight COVID-19, in consultation with the Public Health Emergency Officer and other emergency management professionals, the installation commander is extending the PHE for 90 days until 13 August for Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, NJ in accordance with DoD Instruction 6200.03, Public Health Emergency Management within the DoD and AFI 10-2519, Public Health Emergencies and Incidents of Public Health Concern. This extension is necessary to ensure installation leaders continue to have the legal framework and resources required to make timely decisions to protect the health of the force, families, and communities, and to sustain mission-critical and essential services during the ongoing pandemic. This extension does not presuppose continuation of the same level of restrictions and countermeasures, which will vary with local conditions and within various Health Protection Conditions. Base leadership will continually assess the need for this PHE and adjust its implementation in a manner that balances risk to people and risk to mission. At this time, JB MDL remains in HPCON Charlie, with additional Delta measures in place as well.
The reporting status of the installation remains “Essential Personnel Only,” as directed by your respective unit commanders. Additionally, access remains restricted to all except the following groups:
• Active duty military and their dependents (all Services)
• Uniformed Reserve and Guard members who work on the installation
• All United Communities base housing residents
• Balfour Beatty Communities housing residents living on Lakehurst proper
• Essential DoD civilians as directed by their unit commander/director
• Mission-essential contractors (utilizing their contractor ID card) as directed by the 87th Contracting Squadron or their Service Contracting Office
• Those who have current visitor's passes until their expiration date (new passes will only be issued with unit commander/director or above approval)
• Mail and deliveries through Commercial Gate
“The health and safety of our service members, civilian personnel, families, and our community is my top priority,” said JB MDL Installation Commander Col. Bridget Gigliotti. “Our efforts are having a positive impact on limiting the spread of COVID-19, as the number of new positive cases in New Jersey continues to drop. We’ll be closely following New Jersey’s efforts to continue the downward trend and ensure our Base Public Health Team continues their coordination with local, state and federal Public Health officials.”
JB MDL will continue to stay consistent with New Jersey county and state declarations and reopening actions, as applicable and balanced with mission and installation requirements. The New Jersey Stay at Home Order remains in effect until at least 5 June, with the governor likely to release updated guidance in the coming weeks. Everyone will play a part as federal and state guidelines adjusts to a “new normal”. Please continue following CDC, DoD, and base-level guidance.