Mission Partners -- JB MDL will continue easing restrictions under Phase 1 of its three-phased, conditions-based approach for reopening the installation by allowing our retired military personnel and eligible veteran community limited access starting next Tuesday, 23 June. We plan on pushing this info tomorrow via FB, the website and the JB MDL app with the attached graphics.
Retired military personnel and eligible veterans will have access to the base on Tuesdays and Wednesdays until further notice. They will have access to services identified in Phase 1 during operating hours, but are highly encouraged to use designated retiree hours at the McGuire/Dix Commissary from 7-10 a.m. and AAFES from 8-10 a.m. The Lakehurst Commissary and NEX will operate during their normal hours.
The Medical Clinic will continue its Saturday Pharmacy Operations tomorrow, 20 June, and 27 June, then discontinue Saturday services in July. However, starting 23 June, there will also be curbside pick-up service for retirees and eligible veterans who call ahead on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Starting 1 July, pharmacy services will no longer be offered on Saturday and other clinic services remain unavailable. Additionally, the DEERS/ID Card Office is available by appointment only.
We will also open the Wrightstown Gate from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Tuesdays and Wednesdays to accommodate the increased traffic.
JB MDL remains at Health Protection Condition (HPCON) CHARLIE, is still in Phase 1 of the transition and the declared public health emergency remains in effect.
As we ease restrictions for the retirees, I ask that you encourage your service members and their families to limit the time they spend at the Commissary, Exchange and Pharmacy on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. The virus is still prevalent in the area, so we want to protect the higher-risk community and our base population.
In summary, the following groups will have access to the installation:
• Retirees (access allowed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays only)
• Gold Star families (access allowed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays only)
• Disabled veterans (access allowed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays only)
• All military members and their dependents
• All United Communities housing residents
• Balfour Beatty Communities housing residents living on Lakehurst proper
• Essential DOD civilians as directed by their unit commander/director
• Mission essential contractors as directed by the 87th Contracting Squadron or their Service Contracting Office
• Those who have current visitor’s passes until their expiration date (new passes will only be issued with unit commander/director or above approval)
• Mail and deliveries through Commercial Gate
• Members who require emergency access, and do not meet the criteria above, should report to the Welcome Center. Their Verbal Orders of the Commander request will be processed by the Welcome Center controller to the Emergency Operations Center.
Thank you for your support as we continue this transition to reopening the installation. We will keep you posted on any additional updates.
BRIDGET V. GIGLIOTTI, Colonel, USAF
Installation Commander, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst
Commander, 87th Air Base Wing