All Airmen required to recertify their Basic Allowance for Housing

  • Published
  • By Senior Airman Andrea A. S. Williamson
  • 108th Wing

Members of the 108th Wing are required to recertify their Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) and submit a signed AF Form 594 to the finance office by Sept. 17, 2020. Those who fail to submit the required form are at risk of having their future BAH adjusted to a lower rate.

For easy submission, finance will accept documents with valid digital signatures by e-mail sent to the customer service mailbox, or in bulk, by designated unit commander support staff members upon coordination from Master Sgt. Jeffrey McGrath, the finance point of contact. When digitally signing, do not lock the form, ensuring there are other fillable fields, so finance can certify it.

Forms with a wet signature can either be handed in person at the finance office or emailed. The finance manager is also available to come to collect forms, in bulk, Sept. 11-13 during the drill weekend. Pick-up times are to be coordinated between fincance and the unit's commander support staff.

For any additional questions, please contact McGrath using the finance customer service mailbox:

Click here to download a PDF of AF Form 594!


Q1. Who has to recertify?

A1. Everyone. 

Q2. What form is needed? Do you need my marriage certificate & birth certificate?

A2. Complete AF Form 594 with a wet signature or digital. supporting original documentation—i.e marriage, birth certificates, divorce decrees—are needed ONLY if there has been a change since 2017. For example: If you are listed as ‘Married’ and you are still married to the same person, only complete the AF Form 594.

***If you are listed as single and now you are married, finance will need a good copy of the original marriage certificate with the raised seal visible.

Q3. Where do I turn in the forms?

A4.  Turn in the forms to the finance office in Bldg. 3327 or your CSS may do a collection.

Q4. If realigned to AGR in April, do I have to recertify?

A5. No, your form submitted then, will be used for this recertification. Notify finance if there has been a change since April.